Friday, March 6 through Sunday, March 29, 2009
- Submit up to two works.
- All work should be current and original, ready to hang (matted, framed, glass or plexiglass in front, and a wire or other suitable hardware for hanging in back), and must have used a photographic process in the production. The works should not have been submitted to the State of the Art Gallery (SOAG) in the past. Current members of SOAG are not eligible to exhibit in the show.
- The entry fee is $30.00, non-refundable, and does not guarantee that your work will be shown. Bring cash or a check made out to “State of the Art Gallery” with your entries.
- We do not accept mail entries; all entries must be delivered in person.
- Each entry must have three labels. TWO attached to the FRONT of the work and ONE to the BACK with the following information (please print carefully):
- Name of the artist
Title of the work
The year in which the work was produced
Medium ( e.g. “silver gelatin print”, color print, Giclee print)
Retail price ( if you are not selling the print, write NFS )
- Name of the artist
- The SOAG commission on sales is 30%.
Please note: While the State of the Art Gallery, its members and agents will make reasonable efforts to protect your work, we cannot indemnify you against loss or damage to your work. In submitting your work you agree that the State of the Art Gallery is not liable and must be held harmless if your work is damaged or lost.
Submission of work to the gallery
- Sunday, March 1, from 5:00 to 8:00 pm and/or
Monday, March 2, from 3:00 to 7:00 pm.
- No work will be accepted after times listed above.
- Work not juried into the show must be picked up on Thursday, March 5, between the hours of 2:00 and 7:00pm.
Selection and Prize Criteria
- A minimum of $500. in prizes will be awarded at the discretion of the prize judge.
- Works will be judged on artistic vision, technical merit and quality of presentation
An opening reception will be held on Friday, March 6, 2009, 5:00-8:00 pm at the gallery. Prizes will be awarded at 6:30 pm.
The show ends Sunday, March 29, 2009.