Exhibit Dates: Wednesday, March 4– Sunday, March 29, 2015
Up to $600 may be awarded at the discretion of the prize judge.
Submission Deadline: Friday, February 13, 2015, by 5pm.
- Each entrant may submit up to two (2) works.
- All work should be reasonably current (within the last 3 years) and original.
- If accepted into the show, the work must be delivered ready to hang (matted, framed with glass or plexiglass in front and with a wire or suitable, secure hardware for hanging in the back).
- A photographic process must have been used in the production of the work. (Scanned work is acceptable, digital art that did not originate from a photographic process-is not).
- The work should not have been submitted to SOAG in the past.
- Current SOAG members and their immediate families are not eligible to exhibit in this show.
- The Entry Fee of $35.00 is non-refundable and does not guarantee that your work will be accepted into the show.
- The Entry Fee can be paid by PayPal
or by check made out to: State of the Art Gallery , postmarked by February 13, 2015 and mailed to:
David Watkins Jr.
201 Hillview Place
Ithaca, New York 14850
Work will not be accepted after the stated deadlines.
SUBMISSION OF WORK
Please mail/e-mail your entries to: David Watkins Jr. at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Information: List the Artist Name, Address, phone number, and e-mail address in the body of the e-mail.
- Images of up to two (2) works can be submitted. They must be jpegs at 150 pxi, between 800 and 1200 pixels on the long side and labeled with the artist’s name, followed by the image number 01 or 02. (example: d.watkins01.jpg, d.watkins02.jpg)
- An image list (Filename, Title, Size, Medium, Price) must also be submitted with all entries.
- If submitting by e-mail is problematic, please send a CD with your fee and all information as outlined above. CD’s cannot be returned. Do not send prints.
ACCEPTED WORK: Deadline and Notifications
- All entries must be received by 5pm Friday, Feb.13th and will be jury-reviewed by Monday, Feb. 16th, 2015. Entrants will be notified by e-mail of acceptance or rejection.
- The exhibit will be curated by members of the gallery. After installation a Judge from outside the gallery will determine prizes and how the prize money will be distributed. Winners may be notified privately prior to the opening reception so that they may plan to attend the award ceremony. The awards will be presented at 6:30pm during the opening reception Friday, March 6, 2015.
DELIVERY of ACCEPTED WORK to THE GALERY
The work, ready for hanging, must be delivered to the gallery in person or by a designated substitute on:
Sunday, March 1, 2015 between noon and 5 pm; or
Monday, March 2, 2015. between noon and 4 pm.
- Work cannot be accepted after 4pm Monday as installation of the show begins shortly after.
- Work may not be shipped or mailed to the gallery.
- The gallery retains the right to deny access to the show if the images delivered are substantially different from those submitted to the jury or, if the work is not ready for hanging.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Submissions to the SOAG 25th Annual Juried Photography Show shall imply an agreement on the part of the artists to all conditions of this prospectus. Permission for SOAG to photograph accepted works for publicity, education, and reference purposes is assumed.
Sale of the work is encouraged. Work will be offered for sale with the understanding that there is a 30% commission for each sale. Work that is sold during the show should remain on display until the end of the show. Exceptions may be made for sales to out of town buyers.
While the State of the Art Gallery, its members and agents will make every effort to protect
your work, we cannot indemnify you against loss or damage to your work. In submitting to
the show you agree that the State of the Art Gallery is not liable and must be held harmless if
your work is damaged or lost.
PICK-UP of ART at the END of the SHOW
- All works must be retrieved personally by artists or designated associates on:
Sunday, March 29, 2015 from 1pm-5pm.
- Please understand that the gallery has no facility to store your work.
February 13, 2015, 5pm. Deadline for all entries.
February 16-18, 2015 Notification of acceptance/rejection.
March 1, 2015 Delivery of works 12-5 pm
March 2, 2015 Delivery of works 1-4 pm
March 4, 2015 Exhibit opens
March 6, 2015 Opening Reception 5-8 pm
March 6, 2015 Awards ceremony 6:30 pm
March 29, 2015 Exhibit closes 5pm
March 29, 2015 Pick up work 1-5 pm